Steak lover? How to grill the perfect filet with three ingredients. Filet Mignon is the most admired steak in the world. It comes from the best cut of meat and is available in various USDA grades. Lynx Grills has the perfect recipe to grill a Filet Mignon. You will need a good thermometer. Check out Tulsa Grill Store for the best thermometers. Hasty-Bake Charcoal Grills are also amazing to cook a Filet Mignon on with our adjustable firebox to get the desired temperature.
- 8 oz. Filet Mignon, about 2-inch thick
- Salt, as desired
- Vegetable Oil Spray
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Turn on your gas grill to max heat and close the hood. This will help the grates reach around 750 F, which is a great temperature for searing.
- While the grill pre-heats, take the filet mignon out of the fridge and season generously with salt. Let the filet rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes. If you have a thermometer, let it rest until it reaches an inner temperature of 50 F.
- Spray a little of the vegetable oil on both sides of the steak, open the hood and place steak on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes on the 1st side. Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the 2nd side. Lower the grill’s temperature to medium.
- Flip the steak and cook for 4 minutes on the 1st side. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes on the 2nd side. Remove the steak from the grill and place it on a plate or cooling rack and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Resting time is crucial for several reasons, especially because this is when the liquids redistribute inside the steak and, most importantly, because the residual heat in the steak will continue to cook the steak, reaching its peak around 8-10 minutes of resting. With the instructions above, your filet mignon should be around 100 F by the time you take it off the grill, and the residual heat will carry on cooking the steak about 20 F-25 F more, peaking at 130 F-135 F with 8 to 10 minutes of rest.
You will have the perfect medium rare Filet Mignon.